Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Jungle Book





Last weekend I went to see the Jungle Book.



Wow.



It was SO good! I was impressed! Just sitting there watching it was a gift.



Lately I have been... ambivalent at best about the amount of Disney live action remakes that have been coming out. Each one that graces my presence I doubt... but so far Disney has held up. I really hope that this pattern continues through to Beauty and the Beast. COMMON EMMA WATSON!



Anyways, back to the Jungle Book. This movie was beautiful and wonderful with just enough nods to its previous animated predecessor while not being too overly cliche. You get a taste here and there of the songs that you so love but it doesn't turn the live action into an overly corny sight with full renditions.



King Louie is terrifying. Baloo is endearing. Bagheera is level headed and wise. Shere Kahn is just as scary as you would expect. Mowgli is endearing.



Loved it. GO SEE IT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment